Monday, December 3, 2012

The Firestarter Sessions


Danielle Laporte

Since I am a person who likes to think outside the box when it comes to my career, I was extremely curious to read The Firestarter Sessions: A Soulful and Practical Guide to Creating Success on Your Own Terms, by Danielle Laporte. I was pleasantly surprised when this book delivered what it claimed to. It is an exciting and often therapeutic guide that helps you to focus on success in your own unique terms, to evaluate your goals and your readiness for success, and to dig deep and get at the root of your passion(s).

I found myself reading through the book quickly and then re-reading it because there were so many interesting insights that I wanted to immerse myself in. Laporte shares her personal struggles with success in her own life and writes in a very down-to-earth and relatable tone throughout the book. Even the book’s layout and use of fonts created a unique feel and flow which kept me captivated and interested from start to finish. At the end of each chapter is a “worksheet” which helps you ponder the key themes of the chapter, asking you to relate them to your own life and experiences for evaluation. 

Reading this book was so inspiring and motivating that it felt like I had my own personal business advisor, coach, and inspirational healer at my fingertips anytime I needed encouragement. I would consider this book a “must read” for people who want to find motivation, live success authentically, and feel supported while engaging in non-traditional work. Or if you want to “reinvent” yourself from a tired career—this is the book for you!

- Allisa Scott



No comments:

Post a Comment