Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Pheonix Island



John Dixon

While I was looking into Phoenix Island, another review mentioned that you should not start reading this book before bed because it’s too good and you will not want to sleep. I like to live dangerously but I should have taken that person’s advice. This book is so exciting and I couldn’t believe how great the writing was for an author’s first novel. Here's the basics: a government organization takes troubled orphans to an island where they are trained to be ultimate soldiers. I don’t want to go into too much detail about the plot, because I don’t want to give anything away.


I was expecting something like the hugely popular Hunger Games, yet I found this book more captivating and I connected much more to the characters. The television show Intelligence was based on this book, and I am now seriously considering watching the show because the book was just so original and creative. I would like to see how they transform such a fascinating story line into a series. 

I highly recommend this book to anyone who enjoyed The Hunger Games or any type of action/thriller book. This book is hugely suspenseful and I’m telling you not to start this book before bed because you will not be able to put it down! 
Wesley Wilson is a zoology student at the University of Guelph and works on campus at a microbiology lab. When Wesley isn’t studying away, she spends most of her time reading. Anna Karenina is her favourite book, but she enjoys reading a variety of different genres.  

No comments:

Post a Comment